Contact Information Below
I’m an author, journalist and entrepreneur originally from Syracuse, New York, currently based in the Midwest.
I started this blog in April of 2012 to chronicle a hitchhiking trip I took from Syracuse to Portland, Oregon, in order to see America, shock myself out of my comfort zone, and change my life. The trip lasted six months and took me more than 3,500 miles across sixteen states and through several of America’s major cities, including Chicago, Minneapolis and Seattle. Following the trip, I became an author, publishing books such as Confessions of an Online Hustler, The Hitchhiking Crash Course, and more. You can learn more about my books by visiting MattForneyBooks.com.
Prior to starting this blog, I ran the online magazine In Mala Fide from 2009 to 2012. The best articles from that site are collected in the book Three Years of Hate. I’m also a graduate of Christian Brothers Academy and trained in English and journalism at the University at Albany and SUNY Plattsburgh.
My current writing focuses on location independent living, self-publishing and making money online, traditional sex roles and current events. My articles have also been published at Taki’s Magazine, Alternative Right, Return of Kings, Reaxxion, The Spearhead and other sites. You can find an archive of everything I’ve ever written by clicking here.
Please note that due to the sheer volume of email I receive, I can’t guarantee that I will be able to respond to you. Here are some tips to ensure you get a prompt reply:
- Please let me know whether you want me to answer you privately. Otherwise, I will assume you are fine with me answering your email publicly on the blog.
- If you’re okay with me answering your email publicly, let me know if you want me to refer to you by name or anonymously.
- If you are emailing me for in-depth advice, please click here to contact me and see my rates. Due to the massive amounts of email I receive, I can no longer give advice for free.
- If you are interested in advertising on my site, please use the subject line “Advertising on MattForney.com.” Click here to see my current rates.
- If you are requesting a review copy of any of my books, use the subject line “[BOOK TITLE HERE] Review” (for example, if you want a review copy of Confessions of an Online Hustler, write “Confessions of an Online Hustler Review”).
- If you aren’t interested in my books or any of my other services but still want to support me financially, click here to send me a donation via PayPal.
- If you want to submit a guest post that you think would be of interest to my readers, please send me a brief proposal beforehand. If I like it, I’ll reply back to give you the all-clear. Use subject line “Guest Post.” Also note that I do not accept “free content for your blog” articles, advertisements, SEO posts or related spammy junk.
- If you are a reporter or journalist, please preface your subject line with “Media:” (without quotes).
- Finally, there is no such thing as perfect anonymity on the Internet. If you wouldn’t say it to my face, think twice about saying it in an email. It only takes a dedicated stalker—or a big enough screw-up on your part—to ruin everything.
Fill out the form to email me.